most muscular development

most muscular development
aug 09 (far left) march 09 (far right) march 2010 (bottom)

Rea double Bicep Development

Rea double Bicep Development
aug 2010(far left) march 09 (middle) Feb 2010 (far right)

Wednesday 17 March 2010

THE LAST 6 WEEKS

The last 5 weeks or so where I haven’t posted have been for a number of reasons. My internet was down, I’ve moved house twice in 3 weeks and I’ve been working pretty much 60 hours a week. Hectic time. Also what that means is that I’m having to pull from doing the NABBA West in April which was the reason I started this hole blog in the first place. However, I’ve still been dieting and believe it or not put on a lot of weight in the last 2 weeks while still getting leaner. At one point on my diet I was down to 17 stone, i didn’t feel great at that weight, i know people say its not the weight its the quality you bring, and to an extent i agree. However at the same time i think at 6 foot and with a large frame you need a certain amount of weight, so I upped my training, and cardio and food and got back up to 17st 11lbs in the best condition I’ve ever been, I was down to 10% body fat which we all know is no where near where you need to be to do a show but this was still 8 weeks out and just after i decided to pull from the show. This got me thinking about bodybuilding, and training and why we I train. I guess some people train through insecurity, some train for the approval of others, some for self confidence, personally I train to see how much I can achieve for me. I really don’t need to approval and clarification that I look good from other people. Don’t get me wrong it feel good when your peers appreciate the work you’ve put in and can see what you’ve achieved and I am thankful for every comment i get whether it be positive or critical, but that’s not what I train for. I set goals for myself constantly, in life, business and bodybuilding and this year my goal was to look the best I have ever looked and I’m achieving it. Is it the best that I can look?? HELL NO!! I have loads to improve on, and like most people reading this, I will probably never be happy with what i see when i look in the mirror, but that’s just part of this sport I guess.
I’m not saying I’m never gonna do a show, I still want to but I need to prioritise. I have a mortgage, rent to pay, bills and a business to run, when I see how run down the guy I know get, when they are a few weeks out from a show, there’s no way I could live my life style in that kind of condition. However, maybe later in the year I can book a few weeks off and really test myself to see how dialled in I can get. My next goal though is to keep dieting and getting leaner, sustain single digit body fat at heavier than 17st 7lbs and keep looking better an better.

No comments:

Post a Comment